Sunday, October 11, 2009

the most wonderful time of the year

2009 - 5 years 9 mos old
~"I think Fall is tiring" Charlie~
HUMPH~ Well, I think Fall is the most wonderful time of the year. I've always been a fan of the cooler, crisper temps and the changing colors. I love cider and pumpkins and crunchy leaves. This time of year always makes me nostalgic for some reason. I've been teary thinking about how time passes so quickly! I just hope I can cherish each day, and not wish time away, there are so many little moments that turn into memories that last forever, and so many of them happen in October for me!
Yesterday my sister & I took the boys on the Pumpkin Train in Belton for our annual trip to pick out pumpkins, and take in the majesty of the 5 miles or so between downtown Belton and just past Peculiar, MO. It is a little corny, but the boys love it, and so do I... If I had to describe it one word: COLD. Last year we were in shorts & t-shirts, this year it was fleece & hats. To quote the phrase "if you don't like the weather in Kansas City, stick around, it'll change"... well anyway, in the vein of nostalgia, I'm posting some memories of the last six years of Fall outings. My oh my, how my big boy has changed!

2008 4 years 9 mos old last year on the Pumpkin Train

2007 -3 years 9 mos old with Grandma, Aunties & cousin Noah at Johnson Farm


2006 - 2 years 9 mos old at the Pumpkin Festival in Germantown Maryland


2005 1 year 9 mos old Pumkin Fest, Germantown MD

2004 - 9 mos old at the Pumpkin Festival on Halloween Day with Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment